Wednesday 4 July 2012

Review: Twilight


Twilight
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I read this after watching the movie. It's not often that I prefer a film with bad actors, dim lighting, terrible special effects, corny one-liners to the novel it's based on.

I have to admit, the first time I read this I was kind of... intrigued. I had no idea what the message Stephenie Meyer was trying to convey. I'm a fan of J K Rowling and obviously Harry Potter is about courage and friendship and intelligence and bravery and family and morals and values and sacrifice and it's epic! Twilight is about a whingey little girl who's in love with a creepy, controlling stalker that tries to be poetic in order to cover up his lack of personality. Or, that's what Meyer tries to do.

I wanted to know how it ended, and I found out. It's nothing impressive.

I gave my book to some other poor fool who wanted to know what happens in the daily life of Bella "Always Gets What She Wants Without Ever Really Trying Or Deserving It" Swann. I haven't asked for it back.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...