Monday 16 July 2012

I'd Recommend You Try Burrst...

For all aspiring writers out there, if you've never visited Burrst, I would definitely reccommend you do so as soon as you can!

It's an amazing site for those who want to improve their skill as a writer, gain some feedback or to get some inspiration. The site is full of talented people who write amazingly well for being unknown, mainly dark and dramatic stuff that gets you thinking or gives you the chills.





I think you have to apply to them to be a writer on their site but I would, it really is worthwhile.

The tagline of Burrst is "Burrst is a site for sharing short pieces of fiction - 'bursts' of 1,250 words or less (both written & spoken)."

I hadn't realised that burst writing is an actual name for short pieces of work. I was a bit dubious at first but after I'd managed to write my first little 'burst' and people liked and commented on it, my confidence grew and I immediately began thinking of other things I could write about.

Getting feedback for your writing is actually quite hard outside of friends or family. So this site helps you access that, to pick up on things you aren't doing quite right or bad habits you might not even notice you have.

It's great to be able to try different genres out, to see if they're suitable, or trying an all speech piece, or an entirely descriptive piece, and to get real peoples' opinions on it. I've found that because the community on Burrst is small, it's a lot friendlier than other sites and you're pretty much guaranteed feedback because everyone tries to back each other up.

Anyway, give it a try and see what you think.

Here's my Burrst account and all my stories. 

Let me know if you do sign up and I'll take a look at your work!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...