Sunday 3 June 2012

Review: The Song of Achilles


The Song of Achilles
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I LOVED this book. My favourite book at the moment. It is so beautifully written, Miller has such an amazing and unique way with words. Her metaphors are time appropriate to the Ancient Greeks and to us, weaving her story with romance and action.
The love between Achilles and Patroclus feels like a very real progression and they fit so well together. The romance is exciting and deep and feels very real.
I also like how we live Patroclus' life with him, until his death and actually after it. The fact he loves him so much he can't even move on in the afterlife without Achilles is also very touching.
Miller has been very clever, changing Achilles' typical flaw, his heel, to being a flaw in human form, Patroclus. Throughout the book, he maintains there is nothing he would kill Hector for, and that is true until he kills Patroclus, his lover.
Although I didn't like the random tense changes from present to past, I loved this book and will be giving it another read in the near future.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...