Sunday 3 June 2012

Review: The Bull from the Sea


The Bull from the Sea
The Bull from the Sea by Mary Renault

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I am obsessed with Ancient Greece & Ancient Rome and this book felt so real to me that I couldn't get enough.
I had never heard of Mary Renault before I read The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and it was mentioned in the reviews. Though I preferred Achilles as it was told in a more modern way, Bull from the Sea was still very good.

Sometimes I got lost in the wordy explanations of what was going on with the countries but I loved Theseus' romance with Hippolyta and his struggle to keep his sons and kingdom in check and to love him. Very deep and involving story that includes action and romance and it was only after the story that I realised there was a prequel, so I liked how she made it accessable for everyone including those who hadn't read the previous story.

The characters, including Theseus, were sometimes distant and hard to like but generally this was a very good story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...