Tuesday 5 June 2012

Review: The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book is my favourite tense/action book in a long time. I was so hooked I read this non-stop for six hours until I'd finished it. Katniss is a wonderfully complicated character, she has obvious flaws but you know why she thinks/acts as she does. Realistic and enthralling, my eyes zoomed from page to page until I reached the book's conclusion, which leaves you wanting more.

Katniss has a brutal side to her that sometimes has you cringing and wishing she was a little nicer to Peeta, who is involved in a great plot twist with a heart of gold, and poor Gale left at home to watch their forced romance. All very involving characters, even the supporting ones.

I have only read this book once and I hope that when I read it again I'll be able to appreciate the writing more. I devoured this book so quickly to find out the ending and I hope it is a good story in its own right without having to rely on the suspense to get me to finish it.

Other than my worries for second time reading, it was perfect first time around. Would recommend.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...